WEDDING QUILT BY SUZ

Suzanne B. likes to make and give quilts for wedding presents.  This is another one! She pieced this quilt with large solid swaths of fabric that has black sashing, triangles, and a black-n-blue border. I've got it loaded on the quilt frame and ready to complete it with stitching that will give it the finishing touch.
Since the piecing is large squares and clean lines, I chose to quilt it up with busy stitching patterns that have curves. I want to give detail and business to this Queen Size quilt!
The quilt is loaded on the frame, I've planned out what I'm going to do with the stitching pattern, and I'm starting to work.
As I'm stitching, I'm liking the block pattern and the Victorian Swirls Sashing.

I also chose a medallion to put at the sashing intersections.

Here is another view of the quilting frame.  My Statler Stitcher takes up a space of 6 feet by 20 feet.  Thank goodness my room above the garage is just the right size!
I like how this is turning out. The fabric that was chosen for these 9 inch squares remind me of current and Victorian prints.  I think the stitch patterns are complimenting the fabric layout just the way I wanted.


Here is a screen shot of what I'm planning to stitch out for the triangles that border the body of the quilt.  Each square has to be individually sized to get the perfect fit.



Wow!  Getting this quilt done.  I'm happy with how it is turning out.  Really coming together!

Ok, last look at everything before I take it off the frame.  It looks good, and I can't wait to lay it all out on my living-room floor and see how it all looks!
TaDa!!!


THIS IS MY QUILTING FUEL!!

Comments