Butterflies and Flowers Quilt ** Working out the Tension

        Every few months I need to do an Oiling Maintenance 
on my Long-Arm-Machine just to keep it running smoothly.  
I do a daily oiling of the machine, but there is an 
extensive maintenance that needs to happen as well.  
Well, I have 
been Long Overdue!  Keeping your machine well oiled 
also helps with the bobbin and upper thread tension.  
One of the things that every quilter has to keep in mind 
is that the top of the quilt thread tension can look Great!  
But, it is hard to always see how the bottom thread is doing 
on the back of the quilt. I have these simple small quilts 
around so that after I've done a big Oil Maintenance Routine, 
I like to quilt up a small project and do my adjustments and 
tweaking on the machine to get the tension just right.
        Below is a stitch pattern called "Butterfly and Flowers" 
and is a good busy pattern to compliment this simple 
6"square topper.



Here the quilt is loaded onto the frame and I am just starting out the stitching pattern.  I am watching for
the thread tension on the top of the quilt.  Fingers crossed that the bottom of the quilt looks just as nice...!
Here is a closeup of "Butterflys and Flowers"
Here is my screen shot of the computerized stitch pattern that was designed out to fit this sample quilt and to fill the entire surface of the quilt top, edge to edge.
This is a great view of the third and final row of the sample quilt, being stitched out.  The quilt frame roll can be seen and I am happy with the bottom thread tension.  Looking Good!
The quilt is finished and off the frame!  Fingers crossed as I flip it over to see the back... 
It looks Awesome!  Just another great reminder to keep my machine oiled up.  
I'm so happy with these results!

Again, this is a simple quilt, but perfect for me to have something to quilt up so I can check my thread tension.
I'm happy and ready to take on the next project

Comments