QUATREFOIL PROJECT FOR MY GRAND-DAUGHTER

I found this great video on a great quilt design the Quatrefoil! It is an older design with a lot of meaning behind the design. I decided to make this up for my grand-daughter, Emery. My daughter picked Purple and Green Batik fabric and I added 1930's reproduction fabric to compliment what she chose. Below is the link to the tutorial on making this quilt. I'm including pictures of my quilt squares for Emery's quilt. There are 20 quatrefoils in the quilt and I have 12 finished already! Lets see how long it takes me to finish this project!
My daughter picked out purple and green for this quilt because she likes She Hulk.... I had to go look up who She Hulk was!  Since I love 1930's quilts, I took over from there and chose the complimenting fabric to putt this pattern all together.  Yellow is traditional in 30's quilts, solid or prints. So these two prints up above were my choices for this quilt.



 Here are a few facts about the quatrefoil:

-In Christianity, each of the leaves of the quatrefoil have symbolized the four evangelists of the Bible: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
-In Native American culture, the four leaves of the quatrefoil are believed to symbolize the four ends of the earth. This represents Native American prayers to the North, South, East, and West.
-Since it is easy to divide a quatrefoil into equal portions or into other shapes, it has also come to symbolize harmony, symmetry, and proportion.

Below is the Youtube Link to the tutorial for this quilt, it is really worth watching!!
Copy and Paste it to your browser.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3A7ZWzAzRs

Comments