CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

 I found this quilt top and held on to it for awhile.  There were many flaws and worn areas that took it out my decision making for a finished quilt.  But the colors were so vibrant for 1930's material.  So I chose Hobb's Heirloom Batting-80/20 (80% cotton & 20% polyester), and backed it with my favorite "backing fabric", to give this wonderful quilt top, some stability.  Red thread really shows up, among the fabric choices.  I chose my Christmas Holly and Bells stitch pattern and quilted up this Queen size top.





My finished project will be Christmas Stockings for the Holidays.  I will be selling these stockings that  my quilting partner, Lorna, and I make!  This has been a great way for us to re-purpose  quilts that we have found.  We love that the fun, colorful, and cheerful fabric from 1930's flower-feed sack era, is still alive today!

Comments